The use of Sildenafil today has become so common that it is almost inevitable.
- The continuously degrading lifestyle has only benefited the consumption of Sildenafil. But the question arises how much Sildenafil should one take? What should be the number of times Sildenafil should be taken?
- All these questions are important to know before we take Sildenafil because after all, it is a chemical. And if a chemical is not provided with favorable conditions, instead of benefiting us it will cause severe damage.
- The power of discretion in these matters rests with the doctor because only he/she is the person with medical expertise.
- For this reason, it is advised to fully obey any instruction given by the doctor. Not following the prescription may bring undesirable consequences. Read the article till the end to get all your answers regarding Sildenafil.
What Is Sildenafil?
- Let’s get a basic understanding of the pill before moving to its dosage and consumption. Sildenafil is a compound used to treat the problem of poor erections in men.
- This is condition is called Erectile Dysfunction in medical terms and Sildenafil helps men to get rid of this. Usually, the salt of Sildenafil, Sildenafil Citrate is used by most brands in manufacturing ED pills. Some of the tablets containing Sildenafil as the active ingredients are Cenforce 100 and Cenforce 200mg.
- When taken strictly as per the prescription Sildenafil can give 5 to 6 hours of erection easily. But this duration depends may fluctuate depending on how you take the drug. Kamagra Oral Jelly also contains Sildenafil Citrate.
- For example, if you take the drug after consuming alcohol, its effectiveness is significantly reduced.
- Sildenafil is a water-soluble compound and is a PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitor. Why Sildenafil suppresses PDE5 is described in detail under the working mechanism section, later in the article.
How does Sildenafil work?
- The working of Sildenafil is mostly identical to other ED pills like Aurogra 100 and Super P Force. When dissolved in the bloodstream, Sildenafil tries to solve the deficiency of blood in the penile region.
- Hence, every obstruction coming in the path of blood flow into the penis is removed to ensure the swift movement of blood.
- This is done by stabilizing the high blood pressure, increasing the secretion of cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate) to smoothen the walls of the blood vessels of the penis and ease tension in pelvic muscles.
- All these changes incite enormous blood flow in the penis at the time of stimulation, resulting in a rock-hard penis.
- Now, for enjoyment for a longer duration, it is important to sustain an erection. Here, comes the suppression of PDE5 in the picture. PDE5 is an enzyme that reduces blood flow in the penis after the ejaculation of semen.
- Sildenafil works to inhibit its function, hence now blood flow remains intact. Thus, the erection is sustained for several hours, even ejaculation. Now, you have enough time to experience orgasm as much as possible.
How to take Sildenafil?
- There is no extraordinary rule for taking Sildenafil, it’s almost the same as taking any other water-soluble pill.
- Do follow every instruction mentioned in the prescription without violating any of them. Sildenafil is not a chewable drug, therefore refrain from chewing, breaking, or crushing the tablets, only swallow them with water.
- Do not use alcohol or any other liquid except water. Avoid taking the drug instantly after eating high cholesterol items as it reduces the reactivity of the drug.
- Take a light meal like soup, green vegetables, and fruits before taking Sildenafil.
What precautions need to be followed?
Well, the set of precautions remains similar:
- Following the prescription accurately without missing any dose.
- You should not worry about minor side effects because after a few days it becomes normal. You should be worried only when dangerous side effects like fainting, low blood pressure, loss of vision, memory loss, or numbness are felt. Meet the doctor in such situations.
- You should not take the drug if you are suffering from serious heart, kidney, and liver disorders.
- Mental patients should seek the confirmation of the doctor before using Sildenafil. In most cases, doctors advise the patient not to take Sildenafil when suffering from mental illness.
- During diagnosis, tell the doctor about your medical history, what you eat, how many hours you sleep and every aspect related to health. This will help the doctor to prescribe the best strength and dosage of Sildenafil.
What is the best duration for taking Sildenafil?
- There is no one perfect time like one or two weeks for taking Sildenafil.
- It depends on how your body responds to the drug and various medical parameters known to the doctor only. For first-timers, the doctor usually prescribes Sildenafil for 1 week.
- When no major side effect is experienced, the dose is extended to another 1 or 2 weeks. If the drug is not showing any major results even after 2 weeks, then it’s time to quit Sildenafil.
- You must follow the duration mentioned in the prescription. The duration must be extended only if the doctor approves.
Read More: Best ED Pill for Diabetes